Thursday, October 2, 2008

Extreme Makeover

Fall is here-- another year almost up, another birthday looming upon me. This is my second attempt to start a blog, and this time I hope to remember the email address and password I used to create this, thereby enabling me to continue said blog. I guess some of my natural blondeness (what's left anyway) is still in full force and effect.

2008 has been quite busy so far. In my usual style, I bit off more than I can chew; this time my delicacy of choice is a house that I thought would be a simple remodel. 

Here's a suggestion: If you ever think to yourself, "I think I'd like to buy a fixer-upper," please step away from whatever glue or spray paint you're huffing and know that you are delusional. No offense, but the project is bigger than you, more expensive than you think and altogether frustrating. And while you may believe that you'll one day look back and laugh about how stressed you were because it was all worth it in the end-- you won't and it probably wasn't. Perhaps I am pessimistic today. Check back to see if my attitude corrects itself.

No comments: